The Incredible Health Benefits of Green Tea
At I.E. Green Tea, we take special care to ensure that these beneficial antioxidants and compounds remain in the final product after brewing. Research shows that properly brewed green tea containing these active ingredients can:
- Improve Mental Focus: Green tea contains just enough caffeine to provide a mental boost without giving the jitters that come from drinking too much coffee. With the addition of L-theanine, green tea also provides a calming effect. The result is improved brain function and better productivity.
- Protect Your Brain: Green tea not only improves mental focus, but studies show that it also protects your brain from the cognitive decline that comes naturally with age. Studies show that it may even help to prevent issues like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Boost Your Metabolism: Green tea may help you lose weight by giving your metabolism a boost and helping you burn excess fat. It also helps fight cravings and maintain steady energy levels.
- Reduces Blood Sugar Levels: Green tea can help reduce and stabilize your blood sugar levels, which significantly lowers your risk of developing Type II diabetes.
- Lower Risk of Heart Disease: Green tea contains antioxidants that protect the LDL cholesterol particles in your blood from oxidizing, which is one of the leading contributors to cardiovascular disease. It may also help to reduce high blood pressure, prevent blood clots, and reduce the risk of stroke.
- Boost Physical Endurance: Green tea can help to improve your physical endurance during exercise. Not only that, but the antioxidants in green tea also help to prevent damage to the tissues and improve recovery times.
- Lower Risk of Certain Cancers: Some studies suggest the antioxidants in green tea may help to lower the risk of certain types of cancer, including breast cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and pancreatic cancer.
- Improved Dental Health: Science says that green tea can kill viruses and bacteria that contribute to plaque, cavities, and tooth decay.
- Fight Illness and Infection: Not only can green tea kill viruses and bacteria in your mouth, but it can also inhibit them throughout your bloodstream and the rest of your body. That makes green tea useful for preventing colds, the flu, and other illnesses and infections.
- Maintain Younger, Healthier Looking Skin: The antioxidants in green tea fight free-radical damage, helping to prevent premature aging of the skin. The anti-inflammatory effects of green tea are also beneficial for those suffering from acne, rosacea, and psoriasis. Drinking green tea can also help to improve your skin’s defenses against sun damage.