Just in time for the Run for the Roses, a.k.a. the Kentucky Derby!
The classic Kentucky Derby cocktail is, of course, the Mint Julep. Our version skips the muddling, etc. and adds the 300mg antioxidant boost from I.E. Green Tea.
Of course, our I.E. Green Tea Mint Julep is just as enjoyable during the Preakness Stakes and the Belmont Stakes – in fact, it is refreshing all summer long!
- 1 packet I.E. Green Tea Natural Green Tea
- 2 ¼ oz Bourbon
- 1 ½ oz Mint Syrup*
- Fresh Mint for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients in an Old-Fashioned glass and stir to combine.
- Top with crushed ice and stir again.
- Garnish with a fresh mint sprig, optional but recommended.
- Drink responsibly; never drink and drive.
* To make Mint Syrup, place 2 Tbsp mint jelly and 1 Tbsp water in a microwave safe container, heat for 30 seconds, then stir to fully combine, yields 1 ½ oz Mint Syrup.
To make a larger volume of Mint Syrup for multiple cocktails, increase the amount of mint jelly and water proportionally and refrigerate in a glass jar. Be sure to bring back to room temperature or microwave briefly so the syrup flows freely.